TAHRA Agency Membership
The Tennessee Association of Housing and Redevelopment Authorities (TAHRA) is a non-profit membership association whose members include the public housing authorities in Tennessee. For more information, click here.
2018 TAHRA Agency Membership renewal is now due!
- To find out how to conveniently renew online or my mail, click here.
- Deadline to renew is MARCH 1, 2018
Your continued membership in our state association is greatly appreciated. We are committed to providing you with the training and knowledge necessary to operate your agencies in today’s housing environment. We continue to make strides to increase the services of TAHRA and we believe our membership is of great value to your housing authority board, staff and residents. If you are looking for educational opportunities, TAHRA is the place!
Your membership will continue to offer you benefits and services and we want and need your continued participation. There are no increase in the 2018 membership dues, however dues will be deemed late after March 1, 2018 and a 10% late fee will be applied.
- Spring Workshop: our most popular workshop which offers you, your staff and commissioners excellent training at a reasonable cost. The 2018 Spring Workshop is April 16 – 18, 2018 at The Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro, TN. Further information is available here.
- Annual Conference: we will be hosting our 79th Annual Conference at the Cool Springs Marriott in Franklin, TN on August 11-14, 2018 with top- quality training, exhibits, a scholarship golf tournament, evening events and more.
- Regional Educational Training: These trainings are conducted to offer you timely training on hot topics and issues.
- Insurance: As a member of TAHRA, your agency is eligible to participate in our insurance program, The Tennessee Housing Risk Management Trust, which traditionally saves our members thousands of dollars annually.
- Procurement Contracts: We offer you the opportunity to participate in our procurement contracts for appliances and paint. This information is available here.
- Legislative Affairs: We contract with one of Nashville’s most respected firms who assist us in monitoring state legislation that affects the management and operations of our housing programs. We partner with other housing groups to offer state programs to promote affordable housing. We work closely with NAHRO and PHADA to monitor federal legislative matters.
- Website: We continue to expand information available on our website. We encourage you to get in the habit of making our website a tool for you to use as we update it on a regular basis. We are pleased to post any job vacancies at no charge on our website. We encourage you to let us know what you like, what you would like to add, or any other suggestions. Also, take this time to review your listing on the web and let me know of any changes.
- Newsletter: Our quarterly newsletter, Tales of TAHRA, is electronically sent to you as well as our state and federal representatives. Current and back issues of Tales of TAHRA are also avaliable here. We welcome your suggestions for future articles and would love your input.
- Recognition: We ask for nominations and select for our annual state best newsletter award and commissioner of the year award.
- Scholarship Program: We are proud to recognize and reward academic excellence by providing scholarships to deserving students who reside in your housing authorities and thank you for your support of this program. We do have scholarships available for the fall 2018 term and applications are due April 1. Further information is available here.
- Social Media: We are now on Facebook and Twitter – join us!
As always, TAHRA is here to help you in any way we can. We look forward to continuing to work with you to accomplish our goals and make 2015 a successful one. Thanks for being part of TAHRA and making our state association a strong one!
To pay your TAHRA Agency Member dues, please choose one of the following:
Or register via US Postal Mail by...
- Print form
- Complete form with all available information
- Mail completed form with payment to:
c/o Mufreesboro Housing Authority
415 N. Maple Street
Mufreesboro, TN 37130
For more information please email email@example.com