The Tennessee Association of Housing and Redevelopment Authorities (TAHRA) is a non-profit membership association whose members include the public housing authorities in Tennessee.
- Click here to download the TAHRA Agency Membership Application
- Deadline to renew is March 1st annually.
- A 10% late fee will be applied for all applications submitted after March 1st.
- Mail your completed application with payment to:
c/o Thomas Rowe TAHRA Secretary
Murfreesboro Housing Authority
415 N. Maple Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
For more information please email us.
Your continued membership in our state association is greatly appreciated. We are committed to providing you with the training and knowledge necessary to operate your agencies in today's housing environment. We continue to make strides to increase the services of TAHRA and we believe our membership is of great value to your housing authority board, staff and residents. If you are looking for educational opportunities, TAHRA is the place!
Your membership will continue to offer you benefits and services and we want and need your continued participation.
- Spring Workshop: our most popular workshop offers you, your staff and commissioners excellent training at a reasonable cost.
- Annual Conference: our annual conference offers top-quality training, exhibits, a scholarship golf tournament, evening events and more.
- Regional Educational Training: These trainings are conducted to offer you timely training on hot topics and issues.
- Insurance: As a member of TAHRA, your agency is eligible to participate in our insurance program, The Tennessee Housing Risk Management Trust, which traditionally saves our members thousands of dollars annually.
- Procurement Contracts: We offer you the opportunity to participate in our procurement contracts for appliances and paint. To find out more about Procurement Contracts click here to login to the member only area.
- Legislative Affairs: We contract with one of Nashville's most respected firms who assist us in monitoring state legislation that affects the management and operations of our housing programs. We partner with other housing groups to offer state programs to promote affordable housing. We work closely with NAHRO and PHADA to monitor federal legislative matters.
- Website: We continue to expand information available on our website. We encourage you to get in the habit of making our website a tool for you to use as we update it on a regular basis. We are pleased to post any job vacancies at no charge on our website. We encourage you to let us know what you like, what you would like to add, or any other suggestions. Also, take this time to review your listing on the web and let me know of any changes.
- Newsletter: Our quarterly newsletter, Tales of TAHRA, is electronically sent to you as well as our state and federal representatives. Current and back issues of Tales of TAHRA are also available here. We welcome your suggestions for future articles and would love your input.
- Recognition: We ask for nominations and select for our annual state best newsletter award and commissioner of the year award.
- Scholarship Program: We are proud to recognize and reward academic excellence by providing scholarships to deserving students who reside in your housing authorities and thank you for your support of this program. Scholarship applications are due April 1.
- Social Media: We are now on Facebook and Twitter - join us!
As always, TAHRA is here to help you in any way we can. We look forward to continuing to work with you. Thanks for being part of TAHRA and making our state association a strong one!