HCV Case Manager - Murfreesboro Housing Authority
Position Opening: Housing Choice Voucher Case Manager
Murfreesboro Housing Authority seeks a Case Manager to work in the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV). The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and maintain all activity regarding the Section 8 HCV Program Files as assigned. An Associate's Degree and a minimum of two-years of experience with Housing Choice Voucher programs and providing Housing Choice Voucher case management to a diverse population is a plus. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Conducts annual reexamination interviews; receives interim re-determination requests for HCV participant's caseload, as assigned; verifies, analyzes, and enters information into the system; prepares contracts and issues appropriate letters to landlords and tenants as assigned.
- Conducts in-depth interviews/discussions with HCV participants to determine the eligibility of applicants and/or assess and identify the service needs of program participants.
- Initiates steps necessary to verify the income, assets, and expenses of participants.
- Calculates subsidy amounts to be paid on behalf of a family; updates files as necessary.
- Coordinates the execution of leases and Housing Assistance Payment Contracts.
- Assists in the collection of data for rent reasonableness, utility costs, and general market data; assists in owner and family disputes.
- Calculates back charges as needed for overpayment of rental assistant, verifies income, and recalculates appropriate amount; forwards to HCV Director for letter and promissory note preparation.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of subsidized housing rules and regulations;
- Thorough knowledge of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of landlord & tenant rights;
- Thorough knowledge of accepted consultation and interviewing techniques;
- Thorough knowledge of community agencies, facilities, businesses, and services that can be utilized to aid tenants.
- Ability to negotiate with lenders on clients' behalf to resolve issues.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations as required for file computations.
- Skilled in communicating with all types of people in a wide variety of situations.
- Ability to deal effectively with situations that require tact and diplomacy, yet firmness.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
Equipment Used: Computer, 10-key adding machine, general office equipment
Interested applicants should send resumes to Kris Lord, Murfreesboro Housing Authority, 415 N. Maple St., Murfreesboro, TN 37130, or e-mail Kris. MHA is an EOE.